- DL called the meeting to order at 6:05PM, CST.
- DL thanked the Board for the past two years, and wished us the best moving forward.
- DL indicated that Scott Hackney wishes to be a part of the NCSC. LP to contact Scott to discuss.
- JF opened discussion regarding the formation of the Contest Rules Revision Committee. The new committee needs to be in place by Nov. 1 to present rules to the membership around January 1 for the Madison contest.
- RB indicated that...
Effective Oct 31st, I will be resigning as president of IPMS/USA. While this has been a difficult decision for me, I have though on this for a while and feel it would be best for myself and IPMS/USA. While I have thoroughly enjoyed most of the past two years. There have been situations out of my control and others where I should have displayed more control. Perhaps my leadership skills are not what is needed now.
My days of tilting at windmills are over and I’m looking forward to getting back to the joy of building models.
I cannot thank you all enough for the support you’ve given me over these past two years. There will be lots of exciting things happening at IPMS/USA. I will still be a proud member and be around, just not...read more...
There have been several posts on other social media sites concerning an incident of sexual harassment at an IPMS/USA event.
Let me reiterate in the strongest wording that IPMS/USA has not and will not condone any such behavior. The board takes these issues very seriously and will address them immediately.
In this incident the individual responsible what immediately dismissed from IPMS/USA and is not allowed to attend our national convention.
What about local shows? Local model clubs, even those that are affiliates of IPMS/USA, are separate legal entities that the National Organization does not control. IPMS/USA does not have the power to tell these legal...
The National Contest Committee Report on the 2023 National Contestread more...
These minutes reflect the discussion during the IPMS 2023 National Convention Executive Board/Membership Business meeting held on Saturday, August 4, 2023 in San Marcos, Texas.
PowerPoint presentation slides for the meeting are posted as well.
- DL called the meeting to order at 9:06AM, CDT.
- Members of the Executive Board and IPMS/USA Staff were introduced.
- DL encouraged attendees to please ask questions and provide feedback to the Board.
President’s Report and Discussions
- Develop an on-line (Zoom) chapter for remotely located IPMS/USA members who don’t have access to a chapter.
- Work with NCSC in developing more tools to help chapters host nationals.
- Work on...