Charter Renewal Requires
- All club officers must hold current IPMS membership during the charter renewal cycle. (Oct 1-Dec 31).
- Officers whose memberships expire at any time during their tenure are expected to renew without delay.
- In the case of a Family membership only one person covered in that membership may be considered as "active" for charter renewal purposes. In other words, a Husband/Wife Team will count as a single person.
- Chapter Contact (known as the CC) must hold current IPMS membership during the charter renewal cycle. (Oct 1-Dec 31).
- This person is the primary point of contact between IPMS and the local chapter and it is, therefore, logical and necessary that they be a current IPMS member.
- CC's whose memberships expire at any time during their tenure are expected to renew without delay.
- Chapter has at least five (5) current IPMS members during the charter renewal cycle.
- The officers and the CC can count as part of the five (5) required memberships.
- Annual charter fee is received by the IPMS/USA Home Office prior to end of charter renewal cycle.
- Send $30 check or money order, include chapter name and number, payable to "IPMS/USA" to: IPMS/USA-DLC (contact the DLC at email@example.com for current mailing address)Or pay online using a debit or credit card at - http://www.shopipmsusa.org
- Preferably e-mail (to firstname.lastname@example.org), or snail mail (contact the DLC at email@example.com for snail mailing address) to the DLC, an updated copy of your Factsheet. Please insure that it lists all members, IPMS/USA membership numbers and expiration dates.
- Chapter has not violated any covenant contained in original charter application document, such as, but not limited to:
- On an annual basis, on a date determined by the chapter leadership, a detailed and comprehensive financial statement must be submitted to the chapter membership. This financial report can be published in the chapter newsletter, or through email and printed copies being distributed at a meeting and made available to all chapter members. An oral presentation of the financial report, without a written report, is not sufficient to meet this guideline. The report should be of such detail that any and all questions from the membership of the Chapter can be answered by supporting documentation such as receipts for expenses and outlay of funds, as well as a complete summary of all income and financial transactions involving chapter money. It is not required that the financial statement be submitted to IPMS/USA national office.
- Chapters are expected to work in a cooperative fashion with their Regional Coordinator and with the chapters and RCs of neighboring regions to limit scheduling conflicts regarding events. Doing so benefits everyone. Failing to do so can cause hardship for other chapters as well as one's home chapter.
- Chapter adheres to the IPMS philosophy of "By Modelers... For Modelers".
- Chapters will, through their activities, actions and any media content, present IPMS/USA as an organization that maintains a Family-Friendly and child/minor-friendly environment and will avoid models or images of models, which if the model were entered in the National Model Contest, would be in violation of those rules which address models of that nature. Failure on the part of a Chapter to meet the requirements set forth in Charter Requirement 5d, at any time, can result in loss of the IPMS charter or the cancellation of that charter, either on a temporary or permanent basis. Action based on violations of paragraph 5d above must be approved by the IPMS E-Board prior to implementation."
Failure on the part of a Chapter to meet the requirements can result in loss of the IPMS charter or the cancellation of that charter, either on a temporary or permanent basis.