This annual award is presented to the IPMS/USA chapter and editor of the newsletter than best exemplifies the goals and spirit of IPMS/USA.
Documentation for this award may include, but not be limited to, such information as:
- The editor is a current IPMS member and will be so at the time of the presentation of the award which takes place at the National Convention. (The winner need not be in attendance to "win". The award will be sent to the chosen recipient.)
- At these three (3) copies of the newsletter that show attention to spelling, grammar, and appropriate content for readers of all ages.
- Support through the prominent placement of an IPMS/USA membership application within chapter publications.
- Listing of the IPMS/USA website url.
- Inclusion of messages from the IPMS Regional Coordinator.
- Inclusion of a complete list of Chapter Officers (some Chapters do not have official officers and that will not have a negative impact on consideration for any IPMS sponsored award) and Chapter Contact.
- Evidence of a positive and cooperative relationship with other chapters within their Region and geographic area by the inclusion of information related to contests and events hosted by neighboring chapters.
- A track record of on-time publication and distribution of the newsletter.
- Appearance, aided by a layout, images, and text, which have eye appeal and lend a "professional" quality to the publication.
Terry Huber, Editor "IPMS Orange County Newsletter"
|2018||Terry Huber, Editor "IPMS Orange County Newsletter"
IPMS Orange County
|2017||Terry Huber, Editor "IPMS/Orange County Newsletter"
|2016||John Currie, Editor "The Newsflash"
IPMS/Mid Carolina Swamp Fox Modelers
|2015||Ben Morton, Editor "Sprue Examiner"
IPMS Austin Scale Modelers Society
|2014||Dave Corvino, Editor "Modelers Voice"
IPMS Coastal Carolina
|2013||Kevin Stover, Editor "The Monthly Resinator"
|2012||Paul d?Hedouville, "The Capitol Flyer"
|2011||"The Capitol Flyer"
|2010||Wes Macon, "Gamecocks Gazette"
IPMS Sumter/Shaw AFB, SC
|2009||Eric Choy, Editor "Sprue Examiner"
IPMS Austin Scale Modeler's Society, TX
|2008||Geoff Warnock, Editor "Dimensions"
|2007||Mark Elder, Editor "Spare Parts"
|2006||Robert Magina, Editor "Battlewagon"
IPMS/Bay Colony Historical Modelers Plainville, MA
|2005||IPMS Military Modelers of Louisville, KY|
|2004||Len Roberto, Editor "Sprue and Glue Review"
|2003||Larry Randel, Editor "The Scribed Line"
IPMS/Oregon Historical Modelers Society
|2002||Lindy Pelphrey, Editor "Orange County Monthly"
IPMS/Orange County, CA
|2001||Ted Barrett, Editor "Scale F/X"
|2000||Ondra Baum, Editor
IPMS/Hampton Roads Scale Modelers
|1999||Mike Fleckenstein, Editor
|1998||Ed Esposito, Editor "Flak Sheet"
IPMS/North Central Texas
|1997||Don Blan, Editor "Jolly's Debrief"
IPMS/E.H. Miller, Evansville, IN
Return to the Achievement Awards page