2021 IPMS/USA National Convention
August 18 - 21, 2021
In the Fabulous City of
IPMS Members and Supporters of Models For Troops
I'm writing a brief note to clarify the relationship between Models For Troops (M4T) and IPMS/USA. Let me start by saying that it has been one of my priorities since taking office to support M4T in multiple ways. That being said, please be aware that 4T is a standalone organization run ably (and gallantly) by Jon Emery. Jon's outreach to active servicemembers, those in VA treatment, and other vets is a labor of love.
IPMS/USA supports M4T in several ways. Your E-Board has voted to provide a monthly donation to M4T to support operations (storage, shipping, incidental supplies) that otherwise largely comes out of Jon's own pockets. In addition, Stephen Broughall, a US Army retired officer, has volunteered to serve as an advisor to the Board and is the primary interface between us and M4T. Lastly, IPMS Chapters and individual members have stepped up to support M4T directly, through donations of kits, supplies, reference material, cash, and when logistically possible, manpower.
Before I forget, here's the contact info for M4T:
I encourage anyone reading this, whether you're a member or not, to support Jon's efforts. While donations of modeling material are always appreciated, operating funding is just as important. Perhaps your Chapter will consider a donation to M4T, or hold a distressed kit auction or other fundraising event and send the proceeds off to Jon. One of Steve B's roles as liaison officer to M4T is exploring both corporate and governmental grants and assistance, and we plan to explore support to other organizations with the same mission as M4T in the future.
NewsRead the News »
- What Could Have Been - A Nationals horror story, by Dr. Richard C. Engar
- Combat Cab - Hailing the ICM 1:35 Taxi de la Marne Renault AG1, by David A. Kimbrell
- Planes of Farm - Modeling agplanes across the years in 1:72, by Brian R. Baker
- Banjo Boat - Scratch-built 1:35 rockin' recreational redneck river resort, by Mike McFadden
- Swapping Wings for a Slatted Sabre - Kitbashing an early Korean War F-86, by Gil Hodges
- I'm Looking Through You… - Building Renwal's classic Visible Man, Woman, and Head kits, by Dennis O'Connor
- Collection-Completing Convairliner - The Excitement of completing a story with Roden's 440, by H. Davis Gandees
- Don and the Dragon - Scratch-building Sir Isaac and Don Harvey from Between Planets, by Dan Thompson