IPMS LogoInternational Plastic Modelers' Society / USA

IPMS LogoInternational Plastic Modelers' Society / USA

IPMS LogoIPMS/USA

IPMS LogoIPMS/USA

News Filter

General discussion and action on the 2020 Nationals

  • The board met, at President John Noack's request, on June 25 for a special meeting concerning the 2020 National Convention. Given the current state of the COVID-19 virus in Texas at that time, the majority of the board and Convention Chair Len Pilhofer felt that the best course was to cancel the 2020 convention and move it to 2023 at the same location. Noack, Pilhofer and Knights (acting as our legal counsel) negotiated with Embassy Suites to cancel and reschedule the convention for a cancellation fee of $10,000. Negotiations were not final at the time of this meeting and the three will continue working with Embassy Suites management to finalize arrangements and move the convention to 2023.
  • A motion to pay...
read more...

Action Items

  • Marie’s contract has been renewed for another year.
  • A motion was made and passed to spend $100 to sponsor a trophy pack in the upcoming Italian Nationals. (the Italy Nationals have since been canceled for 2020)
  • We have formed a technology review team to look over options for updating our technology and website. Treasurer Mike Oberholtzer is chairing the effort with DLC David Lockhart, Secretary Dennis Tennant, Webmaster Eric Aitala and Office Manager Marie Van Schoonhoven as team members.
  • Pres. Noack initiated a discussion about creating a new adjunct position to better support our various outreach programs with active and retired military members. The majority of the board is in favor but we need to finesse some of the...
read more...

Action Items

  • Motion made and approved to give a free year’s membership to any NEW active military or veteran membership request. This expands on our earlier, previously approved, motion to extend a free year’s membership to disabled vets. Prospective members need to provide either their current MOS or dates of service to National Office Manager Marie to get the discount. She’ll handle the coding in the database. Tennant to contact the Journal to get something included in the next issue to inform the membership. Motion made by David Lockhart and seconded by David Knights.
  • Motion made and approved to provide $100 to chapters who host a Make N Take event at their shows. To qualify for the money, chapters should provide info about the event and include photos...
read more...

Action Items

  • None

Officer/Staff Reports

John Noack, President

  • Nothing to Report.

Phil Peterson, 1st VP

  • Nothing to report

T.J. Misiolek, 2nd Vice President

  • Working with Las Vegas crew almost constantly.
  • I've sent reminders to Convention Chairs Scott (Omaha) and Len (San Marcos) about their updates for the bid session and awards ceremony. 
  • Also, there shouldn't be any bids this year, as we've awarded the next two, since San Marcos got pushed back a year. 

Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer

  • We continued our positive trend again in May. Convention revenues and membership dues are both up over last year,...
read more...