IPMS/USA has been using an ad hoc method of advertising Local Chapter events with email blasts to IPMS/USA members within an area of interest. This has proven effective for the Chapters but cumbersome to manage. The IPMS/USA Director of Local Chapters (DLC), in concert with the IPMA/USA Member and Event System Administrator (System Administrator), has developed the following procedures to standardize an efficient process for the Local Chapters to use to advertise their events via Wild Apricot, our Member and Event Data System.
These procedures are effective as of October 27, 2023. The procedures will be updated as needed to provide the Local Chapters with the easiest and most efficient procedure to advertise their Local Events within their areas of interest.
- The Show Chair, or other authorized individual, downloads the request form.
- The Chapter representative fills out the form and submits it to their Regional Coordinator (RC) via email, copying the System Administrator at email@example.com.
- Please remember that these emails will be received with the members full name (e.g., “John Doe”) preceding the invitation, not as a batch email.
- This is your chance to construct a personal invitation to hundreds of potential event attendees, so make a compelling invitation (i.e., as if you were writing to a single person to invite them to attend).
- You can also attach a show flyer to the invitation (follow the directions on the form).
- The respective RC will approve the request via email to the System Administrator.
- Once approval from the RC is received, the System Administrator will send out the email blast, via Wild Apricot, per the date requested, and to all the IPMS/USA Members in the areas listed on the form.
Questions or concerns can be directed to your RC, to the DLC at firstname.lastname@example.org, or you can call the DLC at (703) 483-0423 any day between 9AM and 9PM Eastern Time.