Executive Board Meeting Minutes
- Ron Bell (President)
- John Noack (1st VP)
- T.J Misiolek (2nd VP)
- Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
- Mike Oberholtzer (Treasurer)
- David Lockhart (DLC)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
- David Knights (Recruitment and Retention Secretary)
- Marie Van Schoonhoven (Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
Ron Bell, President
- Spent time getting 2VP TJ Misiolek up to speed.
- Re-confirmed potential bidders for our next convention bid meeting.
- Coordinated with the NCC and the Phoenix Convention folks to get the contest categories and rules published.
John Noack, 1st VP
- Reviews continue to be posted — a little bit of a slow start to the year but picking up. I'm pinging all of the manufacturers and distributors regularly.
- I began a campaign to bring some new manufacturers on board and have landed three new companies thus far. We have about 20 kits from MikroMir that are currently inbound to Phil and I'm expecting him to see shipments from Mirage and MiniArt soon after.
T.J. Misiolek, 2nd Vice President
- I have established contact with the Phoenix convention organizers and preparations are coming along. I made contact with the Chattanooga group also and have sent them some contest historical data. We also currently have three potential bidders for the 2020 Nationals. I made contact with all of them and sent requested information.
Mike Oberholtzer, Treasurer
- Not much to report. We had to pay an invoice for the 2018 Phoenix Convention for deposits on tour buses for $4,280 since they do not currently have funds to cover it. I will reimburse IPMS/USA when they have sufficient funds. Checks are on the way which will more than cover the expense.
- Otherwise it’s fairly quiet. Tax materials are almost ready to go to the accountants. I will have a yearend 2017 report ready for publication before the end of February as promised.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- I am pleased with the efforts of everyone involved in my little annual “project” to get conflict of interest forms signed and ready for IRS review. This year, the forms were, for the most part, completed ahead of schedule and without issue. Thanks to everyone who did their part.
David Lockhart, DLC
- We have 225 chapters
- 5 chapters deactivated.
- We added three new chapters.
- Of the 27 chapters who have yet to renew: nine have not submitted any fact sheet or payment and 18 have submitted either a fact sheet or payment
- Those chapters who have not completed their recharter payment or paperwork will be getting a “motivational” email from the DLC.
- The various chapter newsletters are being distributed every month with no issues (pardon the pun).
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- I received one request for a Quarterly article this month. Still hoping for an Advertising Manager candidate to raise his/her hand.
David Knights, Recruitment & Retention Secretary
- Nothing to report.
Marie Van Schoonhoven, National Office Manager
- We added 48 new members in January, 2018. The January/February Journal 2018 V30J1 has been mailed out. Online orders are being processed for the 2018 convention and trophy packages are being ordered.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Tuesday, 06-Apr-2021 00:05:37 EDT