These minutes reflect the discussions held during a special meeting requested by Dave Lockhart, President, IPMS/USA on Sunday, August 21, 2022 to debrief and discuss results of the feedback survey sent to member attendees of the National Convention and to discuss the current status of the proposed revisions to the IPMS/USA Constitution and By-Laws.
- DL called the meeting to order at 7:23PM, CDT
- DL asked 2nd VP John Bonanni to provide an executive summary of the results of the National Convention survey of the attending membership.
- JB indicated that the 835 registered IPMS/USA members who attended received the survey, and 347 members responded.
- JB indicated that overall, responses were very positive, with the banquet and the awards ceremony being the one component that was less than overwhelmingly positive. The NCSC will be addressing improving to those components.
- JB will summarize the results for posting to the IPMS/USA website for the membership in the next couple of weeks.
- DL asked RB to make a brief review of the progress on the review and proposed revisions and amendments to the IPMS/USA Constitution and By-Laws.
- RB provided a point by point review of the language revisions and additions made since the last Executive Board meeting on April 10, 2022.
- Highlights include:
- a comparison document is being prepared for the membership to review the proposed changes side by side with the current documents.
- broad scoped language revisions pertinent to specific articles and clauses such as “Purpose and Objectives”, and the chartering and oversight of the National Convention Steering Committee and the National Contest Committee were broken out as amendments to facilitate possible “line item” voting by the membership.
- RB is researching prior versions of the C&BL to look for some precedent for how certain issues have been addressed.
- A final draft of the proposed revisions will be reviewed by the Executive Board in mid-September and presented for review and comment by the membership, by the end of September. A final version will be posted for a vote by the membership before the end of the calendar year.
- DL adjourned the meeting at 8:38PM CDT.
The next quarterly meeting of the IPMS/USA Executive Board will be held via Zoom on Sunday, October 9, 2022 at 6:00PM CDT. The membership is encouraged to provide input or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submitted by Rob Booth - Secretary-IPMS/USA