- A large part of the meeting centered around the details of the transition of office manager duties to Interim Office Manager Marie Van Schoonhoven. Computer equipment and supplies have been shipped her way and she?ll begin setting things up as soon as she receives the laptop and supplies. Her priority in the near term will be to update the membership database.
- 2nd VP Mike Van Schoonhoven will be looking for a replacement for our convention management system and will research and present some options to the board for further action. Mike?s experience in running the most recent Orlando convention will enable him find a system that will be a good fit for the society
- Though no formal financial audit is required following MJ?s death, President Ron Bell formed a team consisting of 1VP Dave Morrissette, Treas. John Shimek and IOM Marie VanSchoonhoven to get our financial paperwork sorted and ready to send to the accountants in preparation for the 2015 tax season. Dave M. will be ramrodding the efforts because he is the most familiar with the software and how MJ handled these duties.
- President Bell and the Executive Board are going over the duties and functions of the Director of Foreign Liaison and Membership Secretary positions as we work to define and update the Office Manager job description. We?re reviewing all three positions with an eye toward tweaking the way those jobs are handled. Positions will be filled as soon as that review is complete.
- The board unanimously approved moving the meeting time of our monthly meeting to 7pm Eastern Time.
Ron Bell, President
David Morrissette, 1st VP
- We are current on reviews with only 54 late (and those from repeat offenders). Four have almost 32 of the late reviews.
- Struggling to get kits. I?m not hearing back from certain manufacturers in a timely manner.
- A total of 802 posted reviews through Oct. 31, 2015. This number is 75 lower than last year?s number to date.
Mike Von Schoonhoven, 2nd Vice President
John Shimek, Treasurer
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
John Noack, DLC
- Will begin the search for a new regional coordinator for Region 3. Phil Hale has expressed his desire to retire from the position. Nominations are open to interested Region 3 members.
- Charter renewal is underway with slightly over one quarter of chapters renewing so far.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
Eric Aitala, Webmaster
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary