Old Business/Tabled Items/Discussion
- Work continues on completing a 2015 budget.
- President Dick Christ discussed his goal of increasing membership and asked for ideas for increasing our membership from the rest of the board as well as the Regional Coordinators.
- President Christ made a motion to increase the discount for multi-year memberships from $1 to $2 so that members would now save an extra $2 for renewing more than one year. First VP Dave Morrissette seconded. Motion carried by acclamation.
Dick Christ, President
David Morrissette, 1st VP
- Reviewer Corps:
- Late Reviews saw a slight rise to 74 due to a large, late shipment before the Hampton Nationals.
- Lucky Model is back on board and sent us some Kinetic kits for review.
- MRC Academy has dropped Italeri and Miniart from their distribution list.
Ron Bell, 2nd Vice President
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- A PDF of all the conflict of interest forms I have on file for 2014 have been sent to the office manager for her records in case the IRS wants to look at them.
John Shimek, Treasurer
- Membership budget discussion continues efforts to complete the 2015 budget.
Larry Randel, DLC
- In the midst of Chapter Renewal Current Chapter Count: 232 with many clubs that lapsed last year renewing for last year and this year.
- Currently have 44 renewed out of 232 for 19% complete, 188 remaining.
- Sep-Oct. Make n Take report:
- Make and Take Numbers for Sep/October 2014
- Events: 9
- Models: 450 (300 Aircraft, 150 Auto)
- Model Costs: $1259.10
- Shipping Costs: $171.55
- Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $600.00
- Net Cost (cost minus fees): $830.65
- 2014 Totals (January to December) includes future events)
- Events: 61
- Models: 3547 (1496 Aircraft, 2076 Auto)
- Model Costs: $10553.15
- Shipping Costs: $2221.18
- Shipping/Program Fees Paid: ?$4361.00
- Net Cost (cost minus fees): $8413.33
John Ratzenberger, Dir. Foreign Liaison
Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
Jim Pearsal, Director of Publications/Historian
- Working on a new project to save the information that was put on the mailing wrapper we put on the IPMS/UK magazine when we used to send members the British magazine along with the wrapper sheet that served as an "update" to our U.S. membership with small items of interest which didn't merit the Quarterly article. The thought is to save this info for posterity. There's some stuff of interest but not to the degree of the Quarterlies copied earlier. I'll be working with Ralph Forehand, who edited these for several years, to scan these into a digital format.
MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- We now have 361 new members, with quite a few coming after the convention.
- The Journal was mailed out Wednesday October 15th.
- John Heck and John Noack are moving forward with work on our new brochure. John Heck has suggested it needs to follow the look of our present Journal.
- I sent out the last 50th anniversary t-shirt order last week. Will have complete numbers sold by the November meeting.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary