Old Business/Tabled Items/Discussion
- Treasurer Shimek announced that the 2015 budget is complete and ready for publication in the next Journal.
- No formal motions made. Discussion centered around the various reports noted below.
Dick Christ, President
David Morrissette, 1st VP
Ron Bell, 2nd Vice President
- Bid solicitation letters are out and I've had a few nibbles, but no commitments.
- Columbus has sold out their hotel and cannot increase their room block due to other conventions in town at the same time. Alternate hotel info is available on the convention web site.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- A PDF of all the conflict of interest forms I have on file for 2014 have been sent to the office manager for her records in case the IRS wants to look at them.
John Shimek, Treasurer
- The 2015 budget is ready for publication.
Larry Randel, DLC
- Nearly done with the Chapter Renewal cycle and have:
- Current Chapter Count: 232.
- Currently have 174 renewed out of 232 for 75% complete, 58 remaining.
- Probably slightly ahead of where we were last year at this time. At the rate they are going, I (along with the RCs) will be spending a lot of the time between Christmas and New Year's chasing renewals.
- Make n Take report:
- 2014 Totals (January to December) includes future events)
- Events: 66
- Models: 3787 (1616 Aircraft,? 2196 Auto)
- Model Costs: $11312.60
- Shipping Costs: $2393.12
- Shipping/Program Fees Paid: ?$4661.00
- Donations: $50.00
- Net Cost (cost minus fees): $8994.72
John Ratzenberger, Dir. Foreign Liaison
- The FAQ for international attendees to 2015 is in final stages and will be to Columbus before the New Year for posting on the convention website.
Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
- The Nov-Dec issue of the journal (V26J6) was mailed Dec.19, 2014.? We mailed 4163 copies.
- As of this meeting, there are 427 new members and 196 that have not renewed from V26J5.
- John Heck and John Noack have the new membership brochure ready to be printed.
- Financial Report:
- Regular checking - $36,348.72
- Wire Transfer Account - 712.00
- 2014 convention checking - 26,525.52 (waiting for one deposit: $286)
- 2015 convention checking - 14,104.24 ($990 to be deposited)
- Convention Savings account ? 14,288.92
- Cert of Deposit ? 48,674.17
- Cert of Deposit ? 81,276.38
- TOTAL ?$221,929.95
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary