Judge's Comments... You Don't Want to Hear!By Kevin Cummins, #35536
- "We felt that the cross-eyed effect on your figure was too exaggerated."
- "What toy store did you buy this from?"
- "We needed some comic relief, so we counted up the flaws on your aircraft. You should be able to view it in the Journal in several months. Should be about 3 pages."
- "We really admired the finish. What is that, Sherwin-Williams industrial semi-gloss latex?"
- "Out of curiosity, was there any historical significance to the "one blade at a different angle" propeller design?"
- "We really liked the effect that the 1:1 scale spider living in the cockpit had on the judges. That's a nice touch."
- "You mean you actually entered this? We didn't judge it, we thought someone put it out here as a prank."
- "We thought it was really neat the way that you painted the rocks on the base so that it looks like nothing is holding that section of tank track off the ground. Oh wait! Nothing is supporting that track, is it?"
- "Does the upside-down national insignia indicate that the pilot is in distress, or that the air force is surrendering?"
- "We didn't know that this many flaws could exist on one model. We took about 40 digital pictures and slammed them out on rec.model.scale for comments. We used your name..."
And one I've been tempted to use, but had the courtesy not to:
"You are NOT a modeler, you are a butcher. Your work should be crushed and melted as a warning to others."