Executive Board Meeting Minutes
June 21, 2015
- Dick Christ (President)
- Dave Morrissette (1st VP)
- Ron Bell (2nd VP)
- John Shimek (Treasurer)
- Dennis Tennant (Secretary)
- Larry Randel (DLC)
- Jim Pearsall (Historian/Publication Director)
- Bruce Briggs (Membership Secretary)
- Mary Jane Kinney (Office Manager) *
* = Non-voting staff or Guest
National Chief Judge Mark Persichetti: The only item I have to bring before the E-Board is to ask if there are any topics you'd like the NCC to discuss at our annual meeting at the Columbus show. That meeting will be some time that Saturday after the scheduled E-Board meetings..
Dick Christ, President
- No new items to report.
David Morrissette, 1st VP
- There have been 419 new reviews posted through the end of May.
- The Manufacturers' Dinner at the convention has been arranged and invites have been sent.
- There are sixty late reviews in the system.
Ron Bell, 2nd Vice President
- The convention numbers update:
- 350 Pre-registrants
- 170 Banquet tickets sold
- 83 Signed up for the AFM tour
- 59 Dinner at Schmidt's restaurant
- 160 Convention shirts sold so far
- Las Vegas dropped out of bidding for 2016, leaving Omaha and Phoenix. I have contacted both and they assure me we will have their bids before the convention.
- I'll be arranging a meeting between MJ, the SC convention crew and the Columbus crew at the Columbus convention to make sure everyone understands how the financial system works.
John Shimek, Treasurer
- In the process of putting a report together in anticipation of Convention on budget items and actual monies spent thus far in 2015.
Dennis Tennant, Secretary
- Finishing work on the annual Conflict of Interest paperwork for the IRS.
Larry Randel, DLC
- The annual awards process is complete. The list of award winners has been sent to MJ so that the awards can be made. Regional Chapter of the Year awards have been/will be sent to RCs or the clubs that won.
- The Revell Make and Take program is undergoing some major changes. They have removed the information about ordering models for the public and were down to about 600 models left (of which our Make N Take has already claimed 400). On the bright side, the program is closed to the public because they are going to release three new mix -and-match aircraft choices (F-14, F-15, and F-16) projected to become available in July. As for the entire program, it is changing and people will need to order cases of MnT model from hobby shops and distributors rather than directly from Revell. Our relationship actually improves in that IPMS will be now be treated as a distributor for MnT models and we become a priority customer in the program.
- Models have been requested and provided for the Columbus Nationals. Per our policy set out last year, the first 200 models were provided free. Columbus is ordering an additional 3-4 cases at normal subsidized prices of $1.50 per model.
- Make and Take Numbers for June 2015:
- Events: 3
- Models: 160
- Model Costs: $399.95
- Shipping Costs: $76.66
- Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $195.00
- Net Cost: $281.41
- Annual Total for all of 2015 (includes future events already requested or mailed out)
- Events: 27
- Models: 1620 (Aircraft 575, Auto 1015)
- Model Costs: $4576.90
- Shipping Costs: $762.19
- Shipping/Program Fees Paid: $1807.50
- Net Cost: $3531.59
- I have begun work on charter renewal preparation. I will also start training the incoming DLC on the process so he can finish what I start.
Jim Pearsal, Historian/Publication Dir.
- Nothing to report.
Bruce Briggs, Membership Secretary
- Nothing to report.
MJ Kinney, National Office Manager
The May-June issue of the Journal was mailed to 4079 addressees compared to 4025 for the previous issue. At that time there were 165 new members and 143 that had not renewed which is one of the lowest numbers we have ever had.
We receive foreign IPMS Journals in exchange for ours which I have always sent to the DFL. Who would you like these forwarded to now? Secretary Dennis Tennant asked that the foreign Journals be sent to his address of record.
I will be able to take orders for 50th anniversary shirts at the convention, if anyone wishes to order one. Please pass the word along. I have the IPMS/USA shirts, hats, etc ready to go, the awards for chapter of the year, etc are ordered, I have 100 extra ballots/ballot box and of course my usual office manager stuff.
Submitted by Dennis Tennant, Secretary
Last Updated: Monday March 25 2019