2021 IPMS/USA National Convention
August 18 - 21, 2021
In the Fabulous City of
Ro Annis Appointed as Historian/Publications Director
I am pleased to announce the appointment of Ro Annis to fill the role of Historian/Publications Director that was held by the late Jim Pearsall. Ro is the Treasurer of IPMS/Chicago Sprue Stretchers and two years ago took on the role of Ad Manager of the IPMS USA Journal. He will hold both positions concurrently for the remainder of this Board's term. Ro has been building models since the late 60's and still remembers mail-ordering his first Nichimo Toryu from Squadron. At the suggestion of his wife he attended a local hobby club meeting because she thought they had a funny name. He has been a member of the Chicago Sprue Stretchers and IPMS/USA for many years. During this time he has built Japanese aircraft, resin figure kits, various Star Wars ships, a Hawk totem pole and a Greek penteconter. Right now he is trying his best to finish up a Soviet WWII destroyer before starting a 1960's F1 car. Please join me in thanking Ro for stepping up to fill this additional role.
It's my sad duty to acknowledge the passing of Jim Pearsall, IPMS#2209, our Historian/Publications Director on this E-Board.
James (Jim) Pearsall Jim, a member since 1966, was 73 at his passing on Sunday, September 6, 2020. He is survived by his wife Beverly (Win) Pearsall. He was born on October 10, 1946 in Peoria, Illinois and was the oldest of 4 children.
Fellow IPMS Members
Based on a member suggestion, we have created a page for members to submit images of their (planned) National Contest entries. This gives members an opportunity to show their hard work and creativity for models that would have been brought to San Marcos this year. You'll find the posting information in the Forums. You may submit images and info for any intended 2020 entry. This gallery is for display purposes only, no judging will take place. Submitting photos of a model does not impact its eligibility for any future contest, so bring it to Las Vegas in 2021!
NewsRead the News »
- Dem Brudders - Fill 'Er Up.....But With What? by Dick Engar
- Track Hacks - Tackling metal link-to-link tracks, by Randy Ray
- "Wow! I Can See Again!" - Combating aging with lighting and magnification - part 2 in a series, by H. Davis Gandees
- Two-wheeled Tail-gater - Adding Grit to Tamiya's 1:12 Ducati 900SS and Street Rider figure, by David A. Kimbrell
- Innovator of the Ancient Oceans - Whaling away at Rader's 1:20 resin Dorudon, by Chris Bucholtz
- A Fiddler on the Roof - Crewing the 1:35 DML Jagdpanzer IV L/48, by David A. Kimbrel Hampden Roads Heavyweights - The ironclads CSS Virginia vs. USS Monitor, captured in combat, by Dan Thompson
- Borrowed Buffalo - Finishing a Tamiya Brewster F2A in Captured Colors, by Patrick Brown